As exams, papers, and projects start piling up, college students may begin to neglect sleep in order to complete all of their assignments on time. Unfortunately, poor sleeping habits inhibit memory, creativity, attentiveness, and academic performance.
Not only does lack of sleep affect one’s mental strength, but it also impacts one’s physical state as well. Additionally, sleep deprivation is a main cause for clinical depression across the globe. If you’re having trouble getting a good night’s sleep, follow these tips to help you catch some Zzz’s!
- Keep a routine sleep schedule.
- Avoid drinking alcohol or eating heavy meals close to bed time.
- Take time to wind down and relax before bed.
- Keep your room at a cool temperature.
- Make sure your mattress and pillows are comfortable for you.
- Do not use electronics in your bed. Your device has a built-in backlight that will make it very difficult to fall asleep.