Wellness & Prevention Services supports population-level health, wellbeing, and safety through an evidence-based, environmental, community-oriented, strategic prevention portfolio that is grounded in harm reduction, health promotion, peer education, and direct services.
A campus culture invested in primary prevention practices and informed decision making, resulting in a reduced need for intervention or treatment.
Scope of Service
Prevention & Education
- Programming and communication at the macro/mezzo levels to increase knowledge and skills, address negative perceptions, and provide referrals to direct services
- Raising awareness through educational programs, events and social marketing designed to change environmental factors that can contribute to high-risk situations
- Fostering communities and spaces that support informed decision making
- Influencing campus policy development and enforcement alongside campus stakeholders
- Confidential, empowerment-based, trauma-informed intervention, support, and advocacy for students who are:
- impacted by sexual assault, rape, sexual harassment, stalking, or intimate partner violence;
- are in crisis related to sexual/relationship violence and require care after hours or when the College is otherwise closed;
- are impacted by use and misuse of alcohol and/or other drugs;
- are actively seeking or in addiction recovery management
Peers on Wellness appreciates your support
To direct your donation to the Wellness and Prevention services department or the Peers on Wellness program, select “other” and enter POW as the designation.