“I am thrilled to announce I have accepted an internship with PwC, Morgan Stanley, Google, Deloitte…”, the list goes on and on forever. These are words we are all sick of seeing yet we jump at the opportunity to post them ourselves. While most college students are competitive when it comes to internships, Babson students seem to take it to a whole new level.
So I’m here to tell you that whatever you do this summer you will be amazing! Success is measured in many different ways. Here are some ideas of things besides internships you can do this summer…
- Spend the summer volunteering and giving back to a cause that is important to you.
- Travel, see the world, and get some hands- on experience that will help you in the future as an international business CEO.
- Take summer classes at Babson or at a local college that offers classes you cannot take at Babson.
- Get certified in skills that will help boost your resume.
Now if you’re still feeling down about seeing all of these internship announcements here are some things to remember…
- Everyone is on their own journey moving at different speeds, don’t compare yourself to others.
- If it’s meant to be it will be. Everything happens for a reason and if you didn’t get the internship you were hoping for this time around it’s probably because an even better opportunity awaits you!
- You have the rest of your life to worry about work, enjoy where you are right now 🙂